Monday, February 21, 2011

Ready or Not, Here She Comes

39 weeks and counting

I haven't put any profile pics up throughout this pregnancy, but I figured what the heck. So here i am, one (ish) week left.
There are a few things I'm going to miss about this big belly. As weird as that is...

-The conversations it starts with complete strangers

-The way it rests on the bathroom sink when I'm getting ready

-The spilled crumbs that it saves as I eat treats

-The way it moves and dances around as I tickle it

-The front-of-the-line treatment it gets me at stores

-The magic eight ball it's been for us as we ask it questions

I've tried to enjoy this belly while there is a baby in it, because as soon as she's out, I know I'm going to be hating the belly!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ready or not, here she comes

I feel like a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time. The weirdest part about that is not knowing when the "tick tick boom" will come.

We finally finished moving to our new place and we are really enjoying it. I really like sugarhouse, everything you ever need is conveniently located down the street or around the corner. Now that we are moved in, and somewhat organized, we have started working on baby stuff. Yes we're in a time crunch, but oh well, we'll take her whenever she comes!

The first thing we did was run out and buy a car seat. We figured if she came early, we needed at least that to get her home:)

Carseat - Check

This week our crib was delivered. Daddy did a great job at setting it up. Thank you hunny. I am very happy with the black.

Crib - Check



As for our dresser, the wrong one was delivered, so we are working with the shipping company to find out who they delivered ours to, and whose armoire we have. Apparently the shipping labels got mixed up and ours is somewhere in California. So who knows when we'll get that. As for now her clothes are everywhere. But think about it, at least she has clothes, darling clothes at that.

Dresser - No check


We just got the swing, bassinet/play yard, and stroller set up. yay!

Swing - Check

Bassinet - Check

Stroller - Check

This week we finished our birthing class. I really am so happy we took that class. There were so many things I learned. Shane was a good sport and learned a lot too!

Birthing Class - Check


I still need to pack a hospital bag, and finish the birth plan though.

Bags packed - No check

Birth plan - Almost check

It is so nice to have two bedrooms. Now we can have a nursery. Nursery decor is far from happening. But it will happen, just probably not before our sweetie gets here. She does have beautiful bedding though.

Decor - No check

Bedding - Check


We are deciding between three names. It is a lot harder than I thought. Because we are so close to the birth, and because the magic eight ball won't tell us what she wants her name to be, we are going to wait till we see her, then we'll make the final decision.

Lil' girl's name - No check

So as you can see I have a lot to do. I'm not sure if I'll post again before she comes, because who knows when that will happen. Hopefully I get around to posting pics of her not too long after she is born. Wish me luck :)

5 comments:

  1. JEN! YOU LOOK GREAT! Wow, I think my tummy is as big as yours already. I know that is the last thing you want to hear "you look great" because either that means someone is straight up lying or they are lying! But, you have proven this theory wrong! I love the crib and bedding, SO CUTE! Your new place looks beautiful too! I can't wait to hear how everything goes I will be thinking of you each day this week. I can't wait to hear what you name here either! Can't wait Can't wait!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jena, you finally look pregnant! :) Maybe like only 6 months along but definitely pregnant! So cute! I love the crib and all that great stuff you guys have. At least you are ahead of the game and not buying things like a crib and a car seat when she gets here! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet the little one when she comes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, seriously?!?! i think i had that belly three weeks ago, and i still have 6.5 to go.. you TEEEEEENY little thing! ;)your bedding is adorable! and i cant believe she is coming so SOON! i know you will be busy calling a ton of people, but at least send me a text when that little one arrives. (and im just guessing that she will be way little. ) im so excited for you jen. good luck this last week, and hopefully not longer than that. i cant wait to hear all about it. love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jena,
    I am so excited for you! I love the crib and bedding! It is so adorable. I can't wait to meet her and find out what you have named her. Take care and Good luck! We love you!
    The Ackroyds

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way you are 39 weeks!! Jena you are too cute, seriously. I love this little checklist you made.... my hosptial bags weren't packed until like the week of either! Looks like you have everything you NEED though :) Darling bedding too.

    Good luck with the delivery!! Oh I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures and here the name :)

    ReplyDelete