Friday, January 4, 2013

Fall Travels

Disclaimer: Please don't get offended by my typos and uneven spacing. That's the way it's going to be if I get anything posted at all. This is a long one. here goes.

2012 was a great year. We were lucky enough to travel quite a bit. Mostly thanks to Shane and his "Credit-Carding-Hobby." I'm so happy he chose a hobby that brings so many rewards for us. It could have been badminton, or building paper airplanes.

CHICAGO

Shane had a work training in Chicago over my birthday, so I tagged along. We also went to the BYU vs. Notre Dame game in South Bend. What a great trip. I loved it. 
We went to the Willis Tower, Shedd Aquarium, The Science & Industry Museum, Navy Pier, toured Wrigley Field, and stopped at Duncan Donuts way too many times to count. We also met up a couple times with Shane's old friends from Iowa. 







Football Hall of Fame

Notre Dame Campus 
 Touchdown Jesus, I didn't realize that is what it really is called.
The band and parade to the stadium
  


 Loved running into so many people and friends

Then I got a cute message from my sweetie back at home with Grandma and Grandpa.

HAWAII - THE BIG ISLAND
November 2012
We went with Shane's parents, Shane's brother Rogan and his wife Kim, and Shane's youngest sister Kristee. Good times! we shared a lot of fun laughs together.
We stayed at the Fairmont Orchid, where Shane and I went for our honeymoon. It was fun to go back. It was so beautiful!

 We played tennis every morning and let's just say my pregnant body got worked!



Helicopter ride to see the active Kilauea Volcano and an amazing view of the Big Island. My amazing first (and last) helicopter ride :) especially as a pregnant person. 
Unfortunately our pictures aren't very great because of the reflection off the helicopter glass.




 I spy red lava!




 The longest waterfall in the world

Loved the beach time




Our beautiful hike down to the black sandy beach!


rope-swinging

 Watching the dolphins and talking to parrots


 Kona Temple
 Until next time Hawaii, I love you!

 SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
We took off for a little Thanksgiving weekend getaway with just our little family. This was Anabelle's first airplane ride... she was so intrigued when we took off. she was trying to figure out what was going on. It was so cute.  Anabelle actually got really sick and we took her to an instacare and both ears were infected and she had a urinary tract infection. Poor little girl! We were glad she was feeling a little better to put some time in at the pool.

 Anabelle loved playing in the beach pool with daddy!




Mesa Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment