Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Eleven Months

I cannot believe that in one month Anabelle will turn one year. What!?! Where did my little baby go. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. These days really are too few to not cherish every second. Have I ever said how lucky I am?

I feel like Anabelle has changed in so many ways this past month. It seems as though something inside clicked. She understands quite a bit of what we are saying and what is going on around her. She really is so observant at this age. I can see her wheels constantly turning. 

Right now Anabelle can say two words: "Ma ma" for me (yay!), and "Ba!" for ball. She will chase her little golf ball and tennis balls around all day. Little Miss busy body is so playful and ticklish too. Her giggle makes me melt. Her Daddy makes her laugh the most. Anabelle does absolutely everything possible to not let me change her diaper. (Oh it's frustrating, especially with the poopies!) 

Anabelle is cruising everywhere now on her two little feet. She LOVES walking, and loves to grab our fingers and try to take us somewhere. It's kinda funny though because she hasn't figured out how to stand up by herself yet by leaning forward on her hands. Since she is always playing on her knees, she will put one leg up (like in Tebow position) and try to stand up without using her hands for help. Great effort and good balance, however, not very successful.  

We are entering a new stage of "I can do it by myself," and I'm sure this is just the beginning, with many years to come. Anabelle has almost no interest in me feeding her, but she loves to feed herself. As long as her food is cut in little pieces and put in front of her, those pintchers are good to go. This has actually made it nice for me because I can actually enjoy my food rather than lapping it up real fast at the end of dinner. Anabelle still loves the piano, but she won't let us play at the same time. If we put my hands on the keys when she is playing she will grab our fingers and move them off the keys, then continue on with her tunes. She knows what she wants. Silly girl.


 Baby girl likes to rest her head. She does it over and over because of the great reaction we give her. So precious.
 You know your baby is growing up when she stands up and takes off when trying to get her picture.
 Out getting some fresh air.




 Look at that tongue hanging out... like Daddy, like daughter.


1 comment:

  1. She is seriously getting so big! I can't believe she is walking! I swear she isn't that big yet. Time really does go by fast and they get more and more fun with every stage!

    ReplyDelete